Braxton Amos

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Jchap8750

Re: Braxton Amos

Postby Jchap8750 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:36 pm

guard0544 wrote:
Jchap8750 wrote:I figured Amos would get outstanding wrestler this year since no one scored on him

Are you certain no points were scored?

No but I would say it wasn’t many..insanely talented

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:42 am

Jchap8750 wrote:
guard0544 wrote:
Jchap8750 wrote:I figured Amos would get outstanding wrestler this year since no one scored on him

No but I would say it wasn’t many..insanely talented

He gave up 0 points. 0 take downs, 0 back points. Only points his opponents scored were when he let them up. 0 offensive points were scored on him by his opponents. End

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:54 am

guard0544 wrote:

Absolutely Certain. No offensive points
From Jenny Hannan, Braxton's season stats:
Takedowns: Braxton - 94; Opponents - 0
Escapes: Braxton - 8; Opponents - 42
Reversals: Braxton - 6; Opponents - 0
2Pt Nearfalls: Braxton - 19; Opponents - 0
3Pt Nearfalls: Braxton - 25; Opponents - 0
4Pt Nearfalls: Braxton - 0; Opponents - 0
1Pt Penalties: Braxton - 6; Opponents - 2 (Haynes/Ripley; Bledsoe/La Salle)
2Pt Penalties: Braxton - 0; Opponents - 0

guard0544

Postby guard0544 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:08 am

brentsams wrote:
guard0544 wrote:

Absolutely Certain. No offensive points
From Jenny Hannan, Braxton's season stats:
Takedowns: Braxton - 94; Opponents - 0

He said no one scored on him. I took that to mean all his opponents had zero points. Even if he let people up that’s points. I understand he is very dominant and likely would shut out everyone at the state tournament if that were his aim. But it isnt accurate to say no one scored on him.

JennyHannan

Postby JennyHannan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:36 am

Gator wrote:
JennyHannan wrote:Takedowns: Braxton - 94; Opponents - 0

Jenny, I know you have all the stats. Braxton was 48-0 this year. How many pins and techs were in that total? Thanks!

48 total wins
27 pins
4 tech falls
3 majors
5 decisions (3 at the Ironman, 1 at the PowerAde, and 1 to B. J. Haynes in the first quad of the year)
9 forfeits

He allowed 2 points at the state tournament - 2 escape points to Dylan Wood in the semifinals.

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:04 am

Thank you Jenny for those stats! You do great work!

I think Tim Amos explained that Braxton has given up escape points in order to push the pace and check an opponent’s conditioning. Braxton likes to set up 5 point or pinning moves from his feet also. He did not give up a takedown, reversal or offensive point to an opponent. That is pretty impressive.
Moderator WV Mat

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:12 am

Gator wrote:Thank you Jenny for those stats! You do great work!

I think Tim Amos explained that Braxton has given up escape points in order to push the pace and check an opponent’s conditioning. Braxton likes to set up 5 point or pinning moves from his feet also. He did not give up a takedown, reversal or offensive point to an opponent. That is pretty impressive.

But people ignore all of this and say he’s not a Dutton winner! It’s best wrestler, not career! Can’t go to anyone else. I think his dad said he shouldn’t get it on here!!!! Bet he won’t be nominated for dad of the year any time soon :lol:

“Watch out for the ringworm!”
- Donald Trump

timamos

Postby timamos » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:53 am

I got texts to check out wvmat. thanks for the morning smile ringworm. There are so many more reasons I wouldn't get father of the year. Awards are not part of Braxtons goals. His 7th grade year the tournament director for wood county tournament lobbied the coaches to vote for someone else for coach of the year after Edison set all time points records for both wsaz and the wood county championship. He has never looked at awards the same. He has been OW for a tournament one time in his life and that was at Fargo. I was excited when it happened and he didn't see it as that big of a deal.
I don't vote but Josh deserves OW in AAA and Dutton.
Last edited by timamos on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:01 pm

timamos wrote:I got texts to check out wvmat. thanks for the morning smile ringworm. There are so many more reasons I wouldn't get father of the year. Awards are not part of Braxtons goals. His 7th grade year the tournament director for wood county tournament lobbied the coaches to vote for someone else for coach of the year after Edison set all time points records for both wsaz and the wood county championship. He has never looked at awards the same. He has been OW for a tournament one time in his life and that was at Fargo. I was excited he didn't see it as that big of a deal.

Tim, you get my vote for "Peacemaker of the Year" based on how you diplomatically handled "Riot #2" at the state tournament. We need to make you head of security for next season.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

timamos

Postby timamos » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:06 pm

I appreciate guard0544 arguing semantics. Doesn't matter. Braxton did not set a goal of being unscored on. A coach asked and Jenny confirmed toward the end of the season that he had not given up a takedown so he made a deal with a friend who smokes that his friend can't have a cigarette until he loses a takedown. He had tight matches the last day of ironman and the finals of Powerade otherwise he routinely cut to force action.

timamos

Postby timamos » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:12 pm

Bearhugger wrote:Tim, you get my vote for "Peacemaker of the Year" based on how you diplomatically handled "Riot #2" at the state tournament. We need to make you head of security for next season.

100 years ago I've been the guy who had a drink or twelve too many and had to ask who all I needed to apologize to the next day. I tried to diffuse the situation with distraction and humor. Wasn't completely successful but it could have been worse.

guard0544

Postby guard0544 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:03 pm

timamos wrote:I appreciate guard0544 arguing semantics. Doesn't matter. Braxton did not set a goal of being unscored on. A coach asked and Jenny confirmed toward the end of the season that he had not given up a takedown so he made a deal with a friend who smokes that his friend can't have a cigarette until he loses a takedown. He had tight matches the last day of ironman and the finals of Powerade otherwise he routinely cut to force action.

It’s a simple black or white issue. Either points were on the scoreboard or they were not. I was only pointing out the plain inaccuracy of the posters statement. Arguing semantics? That would be saying “yeah, but no offensive points” or “yeah, but he let them have the points”. As I said before, I know he would have shutout everyone if that were his aim.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:40 pm

JennyHannan wrote:
Gator wrote:
JennyHannan wrote:Takedowns: Braxton - 94; Opponents - 0

Jenny, I know you have all the stats. Braxton was 48-0 this year. How many pins and techs were in that total? Thanks!

48 total wins
27 pins
4 tech falls
3 majors
5 decisions (3 at the Ironman, 1 at the PowerAde, and 1 to B. J. Haynes in the first quad of the year)
9 forfeits

He allowed 2 points at the state tournament - 2 escape points to Dylan Wood in the semifinals.

I do not see any "phantom" points in these stats. That is good.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:57 am

timamos wrote:I got texts to check out wvmat. thanks for the morning smile ringworm. There are so many more reasons I wouldn't get father of the year. Awards are not part of Braxtons goals. His 7th grade year the tournament director for wood county tournament lobbied the coaches to vote for someone else for coach of the year after Edison set all time points records for both wsaz and the wood county championship. He has never looked at awards the same. He has been OW for a tournament one time in his life and that was at Fargo. I was excited when it happened and he didn't see it as that big of a deal.

People texted you over this? Really? Weird. It was literally nothing lol anyways! Josh is a great wrestler, no doubt. Debating against Braxton and for Josh seems to be a matter of semantics. But, as an outside observer, those semantics are very important. We all know the humble speech and all agree he’s off to bigger and better things. So, you can get that spill off of repeat (kind of feels rehearsed). Simply saying he’s the best in state and should be recognized!

GW Bush

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:40 am

ringworm14 wrote:
timamos wrote:I got texts to check out wvmat. thanks for the morning smile ringworm. There are so many more reasons I wouldn't get father of the year. Awards are not part of Braxtons goals. His 7th grade year the tournament director for wood county tournament lobbied the coaches to vote for someone else for coach of the year after Edison set all time points records for both wsaz and the wood county championship. He has never looked at awards the same. He has been OW for a tournament one time in his life and that was at Fargo. I was excited when it happened and he didn't see it as that big of a deal.

People texted you over this? Really? Weird. It was literally nothing lol anyways! Josh is a great wrestler, no doubt. Debating against Braxton and for Josh seems to be a matter of semantics. But, as an outside observer, those semantics are very important. We all know the humble speech and all agree he’s off to bigger and better things. So, you can get that spill off of repeat (kind of feels rehearsed). Simply saying he’s the best in state and should be recognized!

GW Bush

I don’t think that you realize how good Josh Humphreys truly is. If you did then you wouldn’t keep this discussion up. Either way they’re both good choices but Josh is a phenomenal talent too

Return to “High School Wrestling”