Wvywa region results

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach83

Wvywa region results

Postby aacoach83 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:49 pm

Are the results from each region going to be posted soon ?

Tjh1234

Re: Wvywa region results

Postby Tjh1234 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:45 pm

When and where will the results be posted for wvywa regions

Hwtmom

Postby Hwtmom » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:08 pm

If you go on track wrestling and look under wvywa state tournament then go under wrestlers. You can find everyone in your age and weight class. No brackets. But everyone who will be coming

coach999

Postby coach999 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Why no brackets?

Goldenponyboy

Postby Goldenponyboy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:49 pm

Because the seeding meeting hasn't even been done yet. Can't have a bracket without seeding.

Eva0965@gmail.com

Postby Eva0965@gmail.com » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:21 pm

When is the seeding meeting?

tightwaist44

Postby tightwaist44 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 pm

You don't have a seeding meeting if you do the pill system. And to my understanding that's what they were doing.

coach999

Postby coach999 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:09 pm

That’s what I thought too? Pill system?

James

Postby James » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:58 pm

Nope. Seeding top from each region. Computers throw rest in, 2nd from region x should face 5th from region y.

Goldenponyboy

Postby Goldenponyboy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:34 pm

They are seeding the 4 region champs, and the 2nd place finisher will be in most regions be separated. The only way it wouldn't be separated on the select few that might not have enough, but other than making sure the champions get seeded the 2nd place is opposite bracket the rest is computer generated if I am not mistaken. The seeding meeting is going on right now, but I don't think the seeds will be available until the weekend.

Tjh1234

Postby Tjh1234 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:56 pm

What's the big secret lol

J rollins

Postby J rollins » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:39 am

tightwaist44 wrote:You don't have a seeding meeting if you do the pill system. And to my understanding that's what they were doing.

You seed the 4 region champs. If the region champs have not wrestled all year or have common opponents then it can get complicated seeding. Some kids wrestle up all year and drop down for states. Some kids gain weigh and wrestle up from what theyve been wrestling all year. Some kids wrestle out of state for most of the year. A seed meeting is very necessary for these reasons.

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:48 pm

J rollins wrote:
tightwaist44 wrote:You don't have a seeding meeting if you do the pill system. And to my understanding that's what they were doing.

You seed the 4 region champs. If the region champs have not wrestled all year or have common opponents then it can get complicated seeding. Some kids wrestle up all year and drop down for states. Some kids gain weigh and wrestle up from what theyve been wrestling all year. Some kids wrestle out of state for most of the year. A seed meeting is very necessary for these reasons.

It is really not. Tournament in 3rd year, using same criteria and separation criteria. Same bracketology. Criteria, head to head, common opponent, returning state champions, returning state placers by placement. Works very well. If the 4th seeded regional champion is the best, he will win it, if the runner up from another region is the best he will win it. Before track was blocked, looks as if they were doing a very good job with separation and there are many competitive brackets where there is no easy road, which was the goal, to have competitive brackets to train wrestlers for the future. If you can't accept what they are doing now, the pill will make your head explode in high school.

Everybody needs to chill out on critiquing the work being done. Region champs will be apart. Runner ups opposite of their champion counter parts. All will be good and best wrestler for those 2 days will prevail and everyone will get better through competing.

Good luck to all competing this weekend.

J rollins

Postby J rollins » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:56 pm

J.W. wrote:
J rollins wrote:

It is really not. Tournament in 3rd year, using same criteria and separation criteria. Same bracketology. Criteria, head to head, common opponent, returning state champions, returning state placers by placement. Works very well. If the 4th seeded regional champion is the best, he will win it, if the runner up from another region is the best he will win it. Before track was blocked, looks as if they were doing a very good job with separation and there are many competitive brackets where there is no easy road, which was the goal, to have competitive brackets to train wrestlers for the future. If you can't accept what they are doing now, the pill will make your head explode in high school.

Everybody needs to chill out on critiquing the work being done. Region champs will be apart. Runner ups opposite of their champion counter parts. All will be good and best wrestler for those 2 days will prevail and everyone will get better through competing.

Good luck to all competing this weekend.

Ummm, i think we agree. I was defending the ywa and the job they are doing. I was referring to a seed meeting between the regional chairman. I know they had to discuss a few things to determine certain seeds. It can get complicated if no common opponents or head to head all year. I know that was the case for a few kids. I also posted cream rises to the top. The best kid will usually win regardless of seeding. Im a big fan of the top 2 kids meeting in the finals. I think seeding helps accomplish that. I think theyre doing a great job and look forward to a great state tournament!

Return to “Youth Wrestling”