WVYWA Championships Agenda

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
WVYWA

WVYWA Championships Agenda

Postby WVYWA » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:26 pm

2018 West Virginia Youth Wrestling Association Youth Championship Ticket Prices
Adult - $10.00 per day/two day pass - $15.00 Student - $5.00 per day/two day pass - $10.00 Under 6 - Free

Agenda
Friday - March 9, 2017
Weigh-ins - 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Beckley Armory/Convention Center – 200 Armory Drive, Beckley, WV 25801 WVYWA Open Board Meeting – 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Open to Coaches and Parents for Q&A for this year and future

Saturday - March 10, 2017
Weigh ins - 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at Beckley Armory/Convention Center Coaches scratch meeting - 9 a.m.
Tournament Start (8 mats) - 10 a.m.

Sunday - March 11, 2017
Weigh ins – 7 a.m. to 8 a..m. (ONLY FOR BRACKETS WITH 6 or less wrestlers)
Placement Rounds - Start (8 mats) - 9 a.m. to 1:00
(Middle School/Youth - Championship Semis, then Consolation Semis)
Middle School/Youth Championships and Awards (4 mats) - 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

You can purchase advance tickets online at www.beckleyconventioncenter.com
Weight allowance –
12U/10U/8U/6U/4U – 1 lb

If your bracket has 6 or less wrestlers, you can weigh in on Sunday from 7 to 8 a.m.

If your bracket has 7 or more wrestlers, the bracket will wrestle on Saturday.

mscoach51

Re: WVYWA Championships Agenda

Postby mscoach51 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Shouldn't the regional champ and 4th place from that region be on the same half of the bracket while 2nd & 3rd place from that region are on the opposite half? All of the brackets I have looked at have the regional champ and 3rd place on one half while 2nd & 4th are on the other half.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:11 pm

mscoach51 wrote:Shouldn't the regional champ and 4th place from that region be on the same half of the bracket while 2nd & 3rd place from that region are on the opposite half? All of the brackets I have looked at have the regional champ and 3rd place on one half while 2nd & 4th are on the other half.

How on earth could you have viewed any brackets if I haven't built them yet??

James

Postby James » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:20 pm

mike.carman wrote:
mscoach51 wrote:Shouldn't the regional champ and 4th place from that region be on the same half of the bracket while 2nd & 3rd place from that region are on the opposite half? All of the brackets I have looked at have the regional champ and 3rd place on one half while 2nd & 4th are on the other half.

If you now how to navigate track, they have some of the seeds. It tells were each kid is in the bracket. So if you can build a bracket, you can see it. But....
Some need to chill out a bit. They have no obligation to make this public before the tournament, so more complaining will only prolong or extinguish any chance of knowing. One click of a button and what we do see, we don't anymore.

J rollins

Postby J rollins » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Wow!! Lets worry about getting the seeds right 1-4 before we start complaining about placement within regionals. Chill!

J rollins

Postby J rollins » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:48 pm

Cream rises to the top.

Goldenponyboy

Postby Goldenponyboy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:38 pm

I know there are some seeds issue if you go by what's on track and I'm sure it will get corrected, but besides that if that's how it will be, I do agree with the 3rd should be opposite on the bracket. I know their isn't a "bracket" yet, and possibly some tweaking needs to be done once entered.

Jdad

Postby Jdad » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:06 pm

James wrote:
mike.carman wrote:

If you now how to navigate track, they have some of the seeds. It tells were each kid is in the bracket. So if you can build a bracket, you can see it. But....
Some need to chill out a bit. They have no obligation to make this public before the tournament, so more complaining will only prolong or extinguish any chance of knowing. One click of a button and what we do see, we don't anymore.

Well, you called it. Its down now. Smh.

James

Postby James » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Jdad wrote:
James wrote:
mike.carman wrote:

Makes no difference. Just wanna wrestle!

Jdad

Postby Jdad » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:10 pm

James wrote:
Jdad wrote:
James wrote:If you now how to navigate track, they have some of the seeds. It tells were each kid is in the bracket. So if you can build a bracket, you can see it. But....

Makes no difference. Just wanna wrestle!

Yep, totally agree. I was just enjoying watching the sausage get made. :D

5HWT5dad

Postby 5HWT5dad » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:20 pm

Way to go! Start complaining and ruin it for everyone else. This is not like the HS brackets. It can't be set up the same way.

Return to “Youth Wrestling”